Certain areas of the world provide spectacular dives at depths deeper than 39 metres/130 feet but you may not have access (or very limited access) to helium. The TDI Extended Range course teaches you the proper techniques for utilizing compressed air as a breathing gas, and with a maximum depth of 55 metres/180 feet, so you don’t have to miss those dives!
The TDI Extended Range Diver Course provides the training and experience necessary including proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards of deep air diving, to competently utilize air for dives up to 55 metres/180 feet that require staged decompression, using nitrox mixtures or oxygen during decompression.
Who this course is for:
- The certified TDI Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures diver looking for the next step in technical dive training. Whether you’re looking to expand upon your skills, experience, or just go a little deeper to see an area of interest, this course is for you!
What you can expect to learn?
The TDI Extended Range Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- History of deep air diving
- Decompression Options
- Equipment considerations
- Dive tables
- Dive planning
- Diving procedures
- Descent considerations
- Ascent considerations
- Technical dive support
What’s in it for you?
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision so long as the following limits are adhered to
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are qualified to enrol in the TDI Advanced Wreck ,TDI Trimix, and TDI Advanced Trimix courses
TDI Extended Range Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Extended Range Course written examination with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution