Have you ever wondered how your nitrox cylinders are filled? Do you like the “behind the scenes” look at what makes a dive happen? Take the TDI Nitrox Gas Blender Course to find out how your cylinders get filled with nitrox! The TDI Nitrox Gas Blender Course will take you through the blending of nitrox in an easy-to-understand format.
This course provides the training required to competently blend nitrox gas. The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper techniques, equipment requirements and hazards involved in blending nitrox gases for recreational scuba diving activities.
Who this course is for:
Whether you’re a dive shop employee wanting to learn the proper procedures for nitrox gas blending or a diver interested in the process of nitrox blending procedures, this course will give you an in-depth, behind the scenes perspective on how your cylinder goes from empty to full of nitrox.
What you can expect to learn:
The TDI Nitrox Gas Blender Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more!
- The responsibility of the Gas Blender
- Gases of diving
- Oxygen handling
- Gas production equipment
- Mixing techniques
- Oxygen analysis
- Cylinder handling and sign out
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in the blending of nitrox gasses, without direct supervision of an instructor.
TDI Nitrox Gas Blender minimum certification requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Nitrox Gas Blender course written examination with an 80% passing grade, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Candidates must successfully blend and analyze 5 nitrox cylinders
- Demonstrate understanding of nitrox blending and oxygen analysis