Are you looking to expand your dive time? Maybe you’re a scientific diver or photographer looking to stay in the water a little longer?
The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through EAN 100 percent within your current certification level to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, this can be considered the foundation of your technical diving career. TDI Advanced Nitrox is also a must for SCR or CCR divers.
Who this course is for:
- The certified nitrox diver looking to expand their understanding of nitrox mixtures containing more than 40% oxygen
- The certified nitrox diver looking to expand their in-water skills
- The certified diver who has interest in moving forward with technical diving education
What you can expect to learn:
- Advanced Nitrox picks up where TDI Nitrox leaves off and offers a more in-depth look at diving with nitrox including:
- Physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen
- Gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen limitations, nitrogen limitations
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to dive using EAN 21 through 100 percent oxygen provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Ability to enroll in TDI Decompression Procedures, TDI Semi-closed Rebreather courses, TDI Closed Circuit rebreather courses
TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver minimum certification requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Advanced Nitrox course and written examination
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
For full course information please visit the TDI website